Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Seeming success...

Joey here... again...

Since I had to be at work before 7am, as I do every Tuesday and Thursday, I left work at 2:30pm to meet up with Steven so we could go to Bridge Kitchenware on East 45th St... Our main goal was just to look around... I had been to their earlier location on East 51st St a few years ago, but that location closed so that some developer could quickly build some monstrosity of a highrise condominium tower... Luckily, we found them again at this new location... It's not as dark or cramped as before...

Anyway, we ended up leaving with a couple of packs of 10x10x4 cake boxes, 6 shiny, new aluminum cake pans (in 8" and 9" sizes), and a little bottle of red food coloring... all for relatively cheap!!!

As we walked back to the west side and home, we passed Jack's 99 Cent store... Stores like this are always fun... When I lived in Astoria, I used to frequent one I affectionately called Stop The Bargain, if only because on the 34th St side of the building, that was the order of the words... I'd post a photo... If I had one...

Anyway, as I type this, the cake is baked and Steven is busy at work icing it... OOOooo!!! And, he just passed me the trimmings made into a little sandwich with icing, and I have just one word...

YUM!!!

Tomorrow, Steven will take this one to work and we'll get our feedback... I hope everyone enjoys it!!!!

More news as events warrant...

No comments: