Friday, October 5, 2007

Happy Easter!(?)

Ok, (Steven here), so it's not Easter, but today I spent a couple hours baking up some Italian Easter cookies...they're currently cooling and waiting to be ice'd later this afternoon. They smell lovely (one batch of almond, one of lemon)and they look so yummy, even naked as they currently are. But I've not tasted one, because, lets face it folks - I've put on a few pounds since all this baking began, and I MUST learn some self-control! (okay - I'll wait 'til they're ice'd and then have just ONE)
I've decided they're too labor intensive to put on our regular menu, but we'd happily make them for special occasions. They are shaped like little doughnuts, and normally frosted with Easter pastels, but I think I'm gonna ice them in Fall colors, since Fall IS supposedly here.

I'll let you know how they turned out!

No comments: