Monday, October 1, 2007

Deliciously brief...

Yes, folks - that malted Matinee cake was a huge success (was there ever any question, I ask you?LOL!) Joey said I should post about the crostata - we've been making them for our home for several months now - but I decided to create some mini sized crostata for possible sales, and they turned out really well. With each creation I learn a lesson - this time, I learned that I have to let the chilled pastry dough warm up a bit before rolling it out, because it was still a bit thick for my liking, but did taste really great, and the mini sizes (about 4 inches across) will make a perfect single serving. They're chock full of apples (this time: granny smith and braeburn), raisins, dried cranberries, and a few secret ingredients, and the texture is just right. You'll love 'em!

No comments: